Thursday 26 May 2011

Shoes are the windows to the soul!

My heart is all a twitter...I found the best new shoes!!!! Sky high platform slingbacks, with a fresh floral print and patent leather trim. What is it with women and shoes anyway? We can't seem to get enough? Well I have a theory about this, so bear with me for a minute.

I think it's because it doesn't matter if we are young or old, tall or short, fat or thin; if we like them and can find them in our size we can wear them. Not true with clothes, where we have to worry about the shape, length and of course most dreaded... the size. We also have to consider, do they make me look too fat, too thin , too sexy, not sexy enough? These hurdles affect how we are able to portray ourselves to the world...but shoes are all inclusive. We can put our best foot and our best selves forward in any pair that shows the world who we are and who we want to be!  So you see, shoes really are the window to a girls soul.


So on that note...I'm going to keep shoe shopping, it's good for my soul.

Below are a few hot spring and summer styles I'm drooling over right now. I've also added some links to a few of my fave consignment haunts. Many can be found at a fraction of the price at stores like Winners, Ross (in the USA) and of course local thrift and consignment stores...my favourite!  It always surprises me when I go to a consignment store, most of the shoes, especially heels, look as if they've never been worn!

 This fall I bought the most gorgeous pair of BCBG boots...super high, black leather, with a zipper up the back, at a consignment store for $28!!! I saw them in BCBG that same season for a whopping $550!!!  Good for my pocket book and even better for the environment. I saved those shoes from going into the landfill...at least that the story I gave to my husband LOL.

http://rewindconsignment.tumblr.com/

http://www.turnaboutclothing.com/

http://cestlavieboutique.ca/

http://www.dragonandphoenix.ca/





                                                            
                 



2 comments:

  1. MY problem is I am a size12- i wish I had lot's of shoe options.. I have shoe envy over all of you regular sized 7-10 girls!- Deneen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susan sent me over. So glad she did. I can see we are going to be great friends. SHOES! I LOVE them. Sadly, my feet don't love the pretty shoes. They're kinda fussy and they like the orthopedic specials. BLAH! That doesn't mean I don't buy shoes for sitting in. Long as I can walk from the car to the chair and back. LOL
    I am looking forward to reading your other entries. Your blog looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete