Wednesday 18 May 2011

Not So Perfect

Hi, my name is Angela St. Cyr, you may recognize me from the international TV series called the 100 Mile Challenge. On the series, I had a chance to showcase my many talents in the home, garden and in the kitchen. As much as I loved the expierience I feel I have so much more to share with people, and I hope with this blog many of you will share your skills with me too.

What can I say, I'm no Martha! Now don't get me wrong, I'm no slouch, but I don't have the patience to fiddle around for hours on end to strive for absolute perfection. I have an appreciation for those that can, but I have better things to do with my time!

I've made my peace with good enough, I've cut myself some slack and allowed myself to appreciate the perfection in imperfection. Not because I'm lazy, but because life is about the journey. If I'm driving myself and everyone else crazy over stupid little details that don't really matter then what's the point? In the end, as perfect as whatever it is you've accomplished is... you've ruined the experience and no one can enjoy it anyway. Instead do it, enjoy it and move on to the next glorious creation with all it's imperfections. Maybe that way you'll learn, as I have to actually attempt to try many different things rather than tell yourself that they are insurmountable.

I'm a jack of all trades and master of none...and I like it that way!

For more information about the 100 Mile Challenge or to watch the episodes online check out: http://100mile.foodtv.ca/

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment